The ASUS Prime A320M-K AM4 Micro-ATX Motherboard comes equipped with an AMD A320 chipset and an AM4 socket, so you can build a desktop computer with an AMD Ryzen, 7th-generation A-series, or 7th-generation Athlon processor. The motherboard lets you create a system with up to 32GB of DDR4 RAM, via two DIMM slots. With an APU installed, its HDMI and VGA ports can deliver resolutions of up to 4096 x 2160. For gaming builds, you can install a dedicated graphics card to its single PCIe 3.0 x16 slot. Aside from visuals, this motherboard is armed with one M.2 slot along with four SATA connectors for your SSDs, hard drives, and optical drives.
When compared to the Prime A320M-C R2.0 motherboard, this motherboard features fewer rear I/O outputs. It also does not come with a TPM connector, LPT header, and PCI slot.
The Prime A320M-K motherboard has four USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 ports to connect with printers, external storage drives, and other useful peripherals. To access the Internet, a Gigabit Ethernet port is available. Audio is delivered to your speakers and headsets using its three audio jacks, which are powered by a RealTek ALC887 processor. Other notable connections include as two PS/2 ports for your keyboard and mouse. There are also a pair of PCIe 2.0 x1 slots to add additional capabilities for your system.
AMD CPU and Chipset Features
- Ready for AMD AM4-Socket Ryzen, 7th Generation A-series APUs, and Athlon APUs
- This motherboard supports AMD Ryzen processors, 7th Generation A-series accelerated processing units (APUs), and Athlon CPUs. The high-performance Ryzen processor supports up to eight cores, and is based on Zen core architecture. The 7th Generation A-series APUs feature integrated AMD Radeon R-series graphics. AMD AM4-socket processors feature dual-channel DDR4 memory, native 5 Gb/s USB 3.0, and 16 x PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes for improved performance.
- AMD A320 Chipset
- The AMD A320 chipset delivers strong capabilities for AMD AM4-socket Ryzen processors, 7th Generation A-series APUs, and Athlon CPUs. It provides two USB 3.0 ports and four SATA III 6 Gb/s ports for faster data retrieval.
Reliable Stability and Compatibility
- 5X Protection III
- PRIME A320 series motherboards are engineered with 5X Protection III to help improve the quality and long-term durability of your motherboard. This level of quality provides strong protection and stability for your build.
- SafeSlot Core – Fortified PCIe Slot
- SafeSlot Core is the ASUS-exclusive PCIe slot. Featuring a fortified design that’s anchored to the motherboard by a special hook, SafeSlot Core provides up to a 1.6x stronger retention and up to a 1.3x greater shearing resistance than standard expansion slots. ASUS Prime motherboards have strengthened solder points around both the PCIe and DIMM pins.
- ASUS LANGuard is hardware-level networking protection that employs signal-coupling technology and anti-EMI surface-mounted capacitors to help ensure a more reliable connection and better throughput, plus electrostatically guarded and surge-protected components for greater tolerance to static electricity and improved protection against surges.
- Overvoltage Protection
- An exclusive circuit design with built-in voltage regulators to help protect your chipset, connectivity ports, and audio codecs from damage caused by unexpected high-level voltages from unstable or inferior power supplies.
- DIGI+ VRM
- ASUS-exclusive DIGI+ VRM intelligently delivers power to the processor based on real-time demands, reducing energy waste and improving system stability.
- DRAM Overcurrent Protection
- Onboard resettable fuses help prevent overcurrent and short-circuit damage. This extends beyond I/O ports to DRAM to help safeguard the lifespan of your system and connected devices.
- Stainless-Steel Back I/O
- Corrosion-resistant stainless-steel back I/O panels bonded with chromium oxide have a lifespan that’s up to three times longer than ordinary panels.
- ESD Guards
- ASUS ESD Guards help prevent damage from electrostatic discharge, up to ±10kV for air discharge and ±6kV for contact discharge, arranged in an active-protective-circuit design that prolongs the life of components. Protection is provided for the LAN port, USB connectors, VGA connectors, and keyboard/mouse connectors.
- DDR4 Support
- With DDR4, you’ll accelerate memory frequencies up to 3200 MHz. ASUS also works with almost every DDR4 memory vendor. When compared to DDR3, DDR4 memory has faster reader and writer speeds, larger capacities, and lower power consumption.
- Fan Xpert
- Fan Xpert helps ensure every fan achieves the best balance of cooling performance and low noise. With Prime A320 series boards and their hardware-level 4-pin/3-pin PWM/DC mode for case fans, a simple BIOS adjustment lets you run your case fan in PWM/DC. Fan Xpert even includes Auto-Tuning mode to scan and detect fan characteristics for single-click customization.
Game in Your Way
- Gaming Audio
- An intelligent design and advanced hardware help create elevated audio
- Noise Isolation
- Audio shielding helps ensure precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference.
- Dedicated Audio PCB Layers
- Separate layers for left and right tracks help ensure both channels deliver consistent, equal quality.
- Audio Enjoyment
- Japanese audio capacitors provide warm, natural, and immersive sound with strong clarity and fidelity.
- EPU – Energy Efficient Design
- With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU), you’ll enjoy system power savings. The EPU automatically optimizes power consumption and maximizes savings with Away mode.
Fast Transfer Speeds
- M.2 up to 32 Gb/s
- With PCI Express 3.0/2.0 x4 bandwidth, M.2 supports data transfer speeds of up to 32 Gb/s. It is a good choice for an operating system or application drive, making your whole PC or professional apps work faster.
- Front Panel USB 3.0
- ASUS has put USB 3.0 right where you need it – two ports on the front panel. Experience data-transfer speeds up to 10x faster than USB 2.0 with instant plug-and-play connectivity, so no more back-breaking contortions in the hunt for hard-to-reach rear ports.
Easy PC DIY
- The large winged clip is easy to reach and easy to operate. Just press the Q-Slot clip lightly and the graphics card pops out. Installing or removing even the biggest graphics cards is now easier than before.
- Even if you work with a smaller case, just push down on the one-sided clip and push or pull RAM modules in or out. Removing memory is that simple.
- UEFI BIOS
- The mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more appealing. Whether you’re a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker, EZ and Advanced modes help you find your way, quickly and easily.
- EZ Flash 3
- Update the BIOS via the Internet, without leaving the BIOS interface.
- Check your storage device Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology logs to gauge reliability and possibly to determine potential failures.
- Q-Fan Control
- You can configure the fan’s operating speed manually, or use the pre-configured fan profiles to select Standard, Silent, Turbo, or Full Speed modes.
- My Favorite
- Quickly find tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
- EZ Mode
- Graphical Fan Control
Fine-tune individual fans by dragging a curve with the mouse.EZ XMP
Improve DRAM performance with a click.SATA Information
Display SATA port details for device identification.Fast Clock Adjustment
Use mouse controls to change the time and date settings.
- Advanced Mode
- Last Modified Log
Track last changes and save preferred profiles to a USB drive.SATA Port Renaming
Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
- AI Suite 3
- ASUS AI Suite 3 offers a brand-new user experience through a clearer and more attractive interface with support for larger monitors. It consolidates all exclusive ASUS features into one simple-to-use package, allowing you to supervise overclocking, energy consumption, fan speeds, voltages, and more. This all-in-one app offers diverse and easy-to-use functionality, with no need to switch back and forth between different utilities.